While the asset comes with a custom window for node based editor, the settings of different nodes will appear in the Inspector panel.
This is where you create your nodes and connect them together, making a graph. I implemented several hotkeys to make your work easier.
Navigating in the Workspace
- Pan: Middle Mouse Button + Drag
- Zoom: Mouse Scroll
- Context Menu: Right Mouse Button on a workspace brings up the Action List, on a node brings up the Node Menu instead.
- Selecting a node: Left Mouse Button on a node
- Selecting multiple nodes: Shift/Ctrl + Left Mouse Button, or Left Mouse Button + Drag to draw a marquee selection tool.
- Dragging a node: Left Mouse Button + Drag
- Comment Box: You can create a comment box by pressing the C If there are nodes selected, the comment box will be resized to contain these nodes.
- Connecting: Click on any pin. A wire will follow your cursor. Clicking on another pin will connect these two. You can release the wire by pressing the Esc key.
Disconnecting: Right Mouse button on a pin.
This is a left side of the custom editor window and contains two tabs: Variables and Bookmarks.
- Variables: Here you can add new local variables to the graph. If you select a variable, it will open in the inspector, where you can change its Name and the Default Value. You can change the name of the variable by double-clicking in the list.
- Bookmarks: You can create bookmarks with Comment Boxes. If you click on a bookmark the graph will jump to that comment box.
The asset contains very handy features, that will help you work much faster, these are:
- Comment Boxes / Bookmarks: Organize your nodes with boxes. Use color code for different parts of your graph or mark the comment box as bookmark for fast navigation.
- Portals: keep your graph simple and easy to read with portals.