You’ll use this component mostly to create player interaction with the trap. You can create trigger zones that activate the trap when the player enters, such as a pressure plate.
You can use this component in a more advanced way, like using a disarm box when the player presses the E key.
- Trap: the trap that this trigger manipulates.
- Action: you can activate, deactivate the target trap or toggle between these two states.
- Cooldown: seconds before the trigger would work again.
- Tag: only trigger when a game object with one of these tags enter.
- Interaction: You can allow the player to execute the action by pressing a button while staying in the trigger area instead of just walking into it. You can use Key Codes or Unity Input.
- Events: You can use these events to make visual effects for the trigger or show/hide a UI element.